Sunday 6 March 2016

Recipe: Cereal bars for all

The other day I realised we had too much crispy rice cereal left and no cereal bars so I decided to make some. Everytime I try to follow a recipe I end up following 3 and in the end I make it so the recipe I ended up using is based on what I basically had in my pantry. So here it goes:

Ingredients:

-1 cup of porridge oats
-1 cup of chocolate crispy rice cereal (or more depending how chewy you want them)
- a handful of walnuts crushed
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup or golden syrup (I used golden syrup and honey)
- 1/2 cup of tahini or peanut butter (i used tahini)
- mixed dried fruit

Method:

- Heat the golden syrup together with the tahini until it bubbles
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and place in a tin
- Flatten it down until it is even. Place pan in fridge to let the bars chill/set. 
- After about 30 minutes in the fridge, cut them into bars, then wrap them up in foil and store back in the fridge for easy grabbing! These bars make great gifts, too.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment