Thursday 6 September 2012

My mother called me silver

hi everybody!

the reason why i disappeared from the world of blogging was that in May i gave birth to my baby boy! We have been trying for years  so after 3 IVFs, a few operations and one ectopic pregnancy, Alexander Nicholas came!

My mother came promptly from Greece to help and of course she brought the traditional silver presents. For those that don't know in Greece when a mother gives birth, the closest friends and relatives give her as gifts jewellery. So yes, lucky Greek mums!

So mum  brought lots of nice stuff but i here i decided to show you the best silver presents that come from my friend who is a very talented jewellery designer.

Silver flower earrings


Silver butterfly pendant
Her name is Katerina Efentaki and you can see some recent work at her Facebook page.
I can't wait to go back home and see her and her new stuff.
The title of this post is the opening line in a book by Jeanette Winterson i am reading at the moment. Have a look at the book here.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment